The Bridge began out of a collective dream of several individuals who just loved Jesus and people. It was truly a step of faith, holding on tightly to God's loving and guiding hand.
In 2008 a small group of people met for the first time to hear Pastor Tim Mensing share his vision for a church that would make a difference for Christ. Later that year, The Bridge Christian Church was born. We opened our doors officially on December 7, 2008 in a small school cafeteria.
Then, in November 2009 we moved into our current location at the Centennial Park banquet rooms on Nickerson Drive. The facility continues to meet our needs, with awesome support from the City of Paso Robles Parks & Recreation staff. From the beginning we've been a portable church. We are not opposed to permanent buildings, but for now the Lord has put on our heart's to use His resources for ministry, rather than maintaining a building.
From the very beginning we've aligned with Jesus' ministry model, that we do church as a team. Doing church as a team makes for a much stronger and unified church, and doesn't expect a few individuals to carry all the responsibility.
We are non-denominational, contemporary in worship, casual in dress, and most importantly Christ-centered in our teachings.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself.
4. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
5. We believe people are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God's creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin".
6. We believe salvation is God's free gift to us but we must accept it. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one surrenders to Jesus Christ into his life by faith
7. We believe God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ. The true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity.
8. We believe people were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell.
9. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ and is composed of all those who through belief in Christ have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The mission of the church is worldwide evangelization on the one hand and the nurture and discipline of Christians on the other.
10. We believe that the Church as the Body of Christ has many areas of ministry, and as with Moses those areas of ministry, in order to be successful and thrive, are best served as Teams rather than individually lead.
11. We believe that God created, in the beginning, man and woman. Although there are very distinct differences and roles , we believe that both men and women can share in the responsibilities of leadership roles within the Church. We believe, according to the scriptures, that the senior pastor role is reserved for a man.
Baptism is simply an outward symbol of the inward commitment you made when accepting Christ as your savior. Baptism is not your salvation; it does not make you a believer, it shows that you already are a believer.
At The Bridge, we wait until children are old enough to believe and understand the true meaning of baptism before we baptize them. However, we do offer baby & child dedication which is a symbol of the parents commitment to raise their child up in the Lord, and asking the church to guide & support the parents in their child's upbringing.
See here for more information regarding baptism & child dedication.
If you would like to schedule a baptism or child dedication contact Pastor Tim.
Our Mission at The Bridge is to Connect People to Christ. We will show them how much they are loved and valued by God by inviting, including, serving and growing together using a simple relational approach.
Our Vision at The Bridge is to see all of Paso Robles, and our surrounding areas connected to Christ through casual Sunday services, small groups, serving & sharing with each other & our community, daily self-feeding on God's Word and applying what we learn as we grow.
Our Core Values are: People, Prayer, Service & Simplicity.